Hot Off the Press
Check back regularly for the latest news and tips from the world of IT.
PHISHING SCAM ALERT! 855-764-6445 Who Is This?
SCAM ALERT 855-764-6445
Company names used - RSV Equity Group, RSV Processing, RSB, RSP Processing
Website - http://www.rsbequitygroup.com/Home.html
Caller names used - Matt Russell, Matthew Russell, Casey Powers, Carl Moore, Mr. Scott, Lynette Cashes, Angela, Peter Casey
Type of Scam - Phishing Social Security Numbers, phishing names, collection of accounts in arrears
Many have reported receiving unsolicited calls from 855-764-6445. The caller uses any of the names shown above. Here is an example of a recorded message taken from a personal cellular phone voice mail.
"Hello this is Matt Russell from RSB Processing. We have received a complaint against your name and Social Security Number. Please call 855-764-6445. You have 72 hours before formal proceedings occur."
WARNING! Give no information to this caller!
The idea is to obtain names and Social Security Numbers from worried debtors and then use the illicitly obtained personal information for nefarious purposes.
GoDaddy.com® WHOIS search results for:RSBEQUITYGROUP.COM(Registered)
Domain Name: RSBEQUITYGROUP.COM
Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com
Updated Date: 2012-12-10 12:41:52
Creation Date: 2012-01-04 16:15:55
Registrar Expiration Date: 2014-01-04 16:15:55
Registrar: GoDaddy.com, LLC
Domain Status: clientDeleteProhibited
Domain Status: clientRenewProhibited
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited
Domain Status: clientUpdateProhibited
Registrant Name: Roy Mullman
Registrant Organization: RSB EQUITY GROUP, LLC
Registrant Street: 11175 Cicero Drive
Registrant Street: Suite 100
Registrant City: Alpharetta
Registrant State/Province: Georgia
Registrant Postal Code: 30022
Registrant Country: United States
Admin Name: Roy Mullman
Admin Organization: RSB EQUITY GROUP, LLC
Admin Street: 11175 Cicero Drive
Admin Street: Suite 100
Admin City: Alpharetta
Admin State/Province: Georgia
Admin Postal Code: 30022
Admin Country: United States
Admin Phone: 678-527-8280
Admin Fax: 678-242-5201
Admin Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tech Name: Roy Mullman
Tech Organization: RSB EQUITY GROUP, LLC
Tech Street: 11175 Cicero Drive
Tech Street: Suite 100
Tech City: Alpharetta
Tech State/Province: Georgia
Tech Postal Code: 30022
Tech Country: United States
Tech Phone: 678-527-8280
Tech Fax: 678-242-5201
Tech Email: email@example.com
Name Server: NS65.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Name Server: NS66.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Emails Missing from Outlook, Android, iPhone
Have your emails suddenly gone missing from your Outlook, your Android, and/or your iPhone? Sometimes, this is due to one or more of the devices deleting emails from the mail server.
Say, for example, you were looking at emails on your iPhone for a couple hours while your were out of the office. Later, you got to the office and opened Outlook only to find those emails weren't there. What happened? Likely, your iPhone deleted those emails when it downloaded them from the mail server.
So how to fix this problem? First, check your iPhone's settings.
- On your Home screen, locate and tap Settings.
- Next, tap "Mail, Contacts, Calendars."
- Tap the email account that's deleting emails.
- Tap Advanced, near the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Delete from Server.
- Never will leave your emails on the email server indefinitely. So if you have storage limits on your email account, and you probably do, be careful setting to never.
- Seven days will leave emails on the mail server for seven days and then they will be deleted.
- When removed from Inbox leaves your emails on the mail server until you delete them from your iPhone Inbox. Again, be careful with this setting too, if you don't like to delete emails.
Or, your Android settings. Keep in mind, Android phones are different from each other. This reference uses an HTC Sensation 4G with Android version 2.3.4. In a POP email account, your Android will delete emails when you move them the the trash folder and sync.
Last, check your Outlook 2010 settings.
- With Outlook open, click on File.
- Click on Info on the left.
- Click the Account Settings button and then click the Account Settings... message that appears.
- Double-click on the email account that's missing the emails. You are now in the Change Account screen.
- In the lower-right corner, click the More Settings ... button. You are now in the Internet Email Settings window.
- At the top, click the Advanced tab.
- At the bottom under Delivery, click to check the Leave a copy of messages on the server check box.
- Watch out for email storage limits here, too. To avoid going over the email storage limit, click to check the Remove from server after check box.
- Select the number of days to leave the emails on the mail server. Usually, 7-14 days is enough.
- Click OK.
- Click Next. If a test email was sent, click Close on the Test Account Settings window.
- Click Finish.
- Finally, click Close.
New Site Goes Online
Angel City Computers goes online with a brand-new website! The site provides information all about us, our services and IT strategies. Find out how Angel City Computers can make technology work for you.